Sexual assault

August 06, 2019 - 6:34 am
MADISON, Wis. (AP) — Former Wisconsin Badgers football player Quintez Cephus says going back to school is his top priority after a jury found him not guilty last week of sexual assault charges. The wide receiver tells the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel in a story published Tuesday that he doesn't know...
Read More
Former Wisconsin football player Quintez Cephus testifies during his trial, Friday Aug. 2, 2019, in Madison, Wis. Cephus has told jurors that the two women he is accused of sexually assaulting wanted to have sex with him. (Ed Treleven/Wisconsin State Journal via AP)
August 02, 2019 - 2:51 pm
MADISON, Wis. (AP) — A jury deliberated for just 30 minutes on Friday before it acquitted former University of Wisconsin wide receiver Quintez Cephus on charges alleging that he sexually assaulted two female students. Cephus, 21, was suspended from the football team last August and was expelled...
Read More
Former Wisconsin football player Quintez Cephus testifies during his trial, Friday Aug. 2, 2019, in Madison, Wis. Cephus has told jurors that the two women he is accused of sexually assaulting wanted to have sex with him. (Ed Treleven/Wisconsin State Journal via AP)
August 02, 2019 - 2:45 pm
MADISON, Wis. (AP) — The Latest on trial of former Wisconsin Badger football player (all times local): 4:45 p.m. A jury has acquitted former Wisconsin Badgers wide receiver Quintez Cephus on charges alleging he sexually assaulted two female students. Jurors delivered their verdict on Friday after...
Read More
Wisconsin wide receiver Danny Davis testifies at the sexual assault trial of his former teammate, Quintez Cephus, Thursday, Aug. 1, 2019 at the Dane County Courthouse in Madison, Wis. (Ed Treleven/Wisconsin State Journal via AP)
August 01, 2019 - 2:59 pm
MADISON, Wis. (AP) — Wisconsin Badgers wide receiver Danny Davis says at the trial of his former teammate Quintez Cephus that one of the women who accused Cephus of raping her had flirted with him shortly after meeting him for the first time. Cephus is charged with second- and third-degree sexual...
Read More
Thorbjorn Olesen, of Denmark, lines up a putt on the sixth green during the second round of the World Golf Championships-FedEx St. Jude Invitational, Friday, July 26, 2019, in Memphis, Tenn. (AP Photo/Mark Humphrey)
August 01, 2019 - 12:28 pm
LONDON (AP) — Police arrested Ryder Cup player Thorbjorn Olesen on suspicion of sexually assaulting a female passenger while she was asleep on a flight to London, intoxication and failing to comply with the orders from the airline crew, British newspapers reported Thursday. The Sun and The...
Read More
FILE - In this Feb. 20, 2014, file photo, former NFL safety Darren Sharper appears in Los Angeles Superior Court in Los Angeles. Disgraced NFL star Darren Sharper’s attempt to get out of a 2016 plea deal and the resulting 18-year prison sentence in a sexual assault case has been rejected by a federal judge. Attorneys for Sharper argued in a motion filed last year that he was not adequately advised by his previous lawyers on the consequences of his 2016 guilty plea, which arose from allegations that Sharper drugged and sexually assaulted as many as 16 women in four states. (Bob Chamberlin/Los Angeles Times via AP, Pool, File)
August 01, 2019 - 8:28 am
NEW ORLEANS (AP) — Disgraced NFL star Darren Sharper's attempt to get out of a 2016 plea deal and 18-year prison sentence in a sexual assault case has been rejected by a federal judge. Attorneys for Sharper argued in a motion filed last year that he was not adequately advised by his previous...
Read More
In this Tuesday, July 30, 2019 photo, former University of Wisconsin football player Quintez Cephus watches during his sexual assault trial at the Dane County Courthouse in Madison, Wis. The 21-year-old Cephus is charged with second- and third-degree sexual assault after two 18-year-old women reported to police that he had assaulted them on the same night in April 2018.(Steve Apps/Wisconsin State Journal via AP)
July 31, 2019 - 2:55 pm
MADISON, Wis. (AP) — A second woman who says she was raped by former University of Wisconsin football player Quintez Cephus in his apartment in Madison testified Wednesday that she had been too drunk that night to consent to sex. The 21-year-old former Badgers wide receiver from Macon, Georgia, is...
Read More
FILE - In this Aug. 23, 2018, file photo, University of Wisconsin wide receiver Quintez Cephus, right, walks with his attorneys Kathleen Stalling, left, and Stephen Meyer after appearing in court in Madison, Wis. The trial of Cephus has begun with a woman testifying that Cephus raped her in his apartment. The 21-year-old Cephus is charged with second- and third-degree sexual assault after two 18-year-old women reported to police that he had assaulted them on the same night in April 2018. Cephus argues the sex was consensual and arranged by one of the women. (Ed Treleven/Wisconsin State Journal via AP, File)
July 30, 2019 - 1:59 pm
MADISON, Wis. (AP) — The trial of former University of Wisconsin football player Quintez Cephus began Tuesday with a woman testifying that Cephus raped her in his apartment. Cephus, 21, of Macon, Georgia, is charged with second- and third-degree sexual assault after two 18-year-old women reported...
Read More
FILE - In this June 13, 2019 file photo, Brazil's soccer player Neymar speaks to the press as he leaves a police station where he answered questions about rape allegations against him in Sao Paulo, Brazil. Brazilian police said on Monday, July 29, 2019 they have finished the investigation of the rape accusation against soccer star Neymar but its conclusion will only be made public on Tuesday. (AP Photo/Andre Penner, File)
July 30, 2019 - 9:04 am
SAO PAULO (AP) — Brazilian police said Tuesday they have decided there are no grounds to bring rape charges against soccer star Neymar. And they're investigating whether his accuser filed a false report. "We checked all the possibilities. I did not see enough elements to indict," Sao Paulo police...
Read More
FILE - In this June 8, 2019, file photo, Portugal's Cristiano Ronaldo smiles when he arrives to a training session at the Bessa stadium in Porto, Portugal. Soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo won’t face criminal charges after a woman accused him of raping her at a Las Vegas Strip resort in 2009. Prosecutor Steve Wolfson said in a statement Monday, July 22, 2019, that after reviewing a new police investigation, he determined that sexual assault claims can’t be proven beyond a reasonable doubt and no charge will be filed. (AP Photo/Martin Meissner, File)
July 22, 2019 - 3:08 pm
LAS VEGAS (AP) — Cristiano Ronaldo won't face criminal charges after a woman accused the soccer star of raping her in his suite at a Las Vegas resort more than 10 years ago, a top prosecutor said Monday. A new investigation by Las Vegas police failed to show that Kathryn Mayorga's claim could be...
Read More

Pages